Setting up Brightpearl ERP on a Drupal Commerce site
This article will show how to set up the Brightpearl ERP on A Drupal commerce site to find out more about Brightpearl checkout my previous introduction post.
This guide uses http://simplytest.me to demonstrate the process.
This article will cover the following:
- Install instructions (consists of two parts)
- Configuration instructions
- Un-install notes.
To find out more about Brightpearl see the Brightpearl for Drupal Commerce integration post.
The install includes two parts
1. Install the Drupal module through the Brightpearl app store - this will
generate a signed Key.
2. On your Drupal commerce site Install the Brightpearl module - you will need
the signed key.
Install on brightpearl
Install the Drupal module through the Brightpearl app store
1. Log into your Brightpearl account
2. Go to the app store and add the "Drupal Commerce" app.
3. the app install will send you to a registration page where you will need to
4. You will receive a signed key emailed to you, normally within one working
day (this is not automated yet).
Install on Drupal
On your Drupal commerce site install the Brightpearl module. you will also need the commerce stock module
Above is the simplytest.me screen with the configuration needed to install brightpearl.
You can use the following link to set it up simplytest.me with the required modules: https://simplytest.me/project/commerce/7.x-1.11?add=commerce_stock&add=commerce_brightpearl
1. Go to simplytest.me and select Commerce kickstart (version 7.x-1 branch) commerce brightpearl & commerce stock
2. Go to the modules page of your site and enable the Commerce Brightpearl module, Commerce Stock, Commerce Stock API, Commerce Simple Stock & Commerce Simple Stock Rules modules.
1. Download the Commerce Brightpearl module (drupal.org/project/commerce_brightpearl) and place in your contributed modules folder
2. Go to the modules page of your site and enable the Commerce Brightpearl module
* You should also install commerce stock to get the most out of the module
* If you don't need stock control than steps 3 & 4 can be skipped
3. Download Commerce stock (drupal.org/project/commerce_stock) and place in your contributed modules folder.
4. Go to the modules page of your site and enable Commerce Stock, Commerce Stock API, Commerce Simple Stock & Commerce Simple Stock Rules modules.
Before you configure the module it is worth noting that you should make sure
that your products have the same SKUs in both Drupal Commerce and the Brightpearl.
Images above show how a Drupal Kickstart product is added to Brightpearl
The configuration is located at Store -> Configuration -> Brightpearl
Configuration is divided into a number of tabs
- Brightpearl Overview - Not fully implemented yet.
- Brightpearl Connection - Establish a connection to Brightpearl
- Brightpearl Settings - Configure Brightpearl settings like the channel to use.
- Brightpearl Orders - Order integration.
- Brightpearl Stock - Stock integration.
- Brightpearl Admin & Alerts - Provide an email for Alerts
You will need three pieces of information:
- Your Account Code (from Brightpearl)
- The Brightpearl Datacentre (from Brightpearl)
- Token - you will receive a signed token by email after registration
After saving you should see an alert: "You are connected to Brightpearl .."
You will need to select the following from the dropdown:
- Tax code - The Brightpearl tax code to use.
- Channel - The Brightpearl channel to use.
- Warehouse - The Brightpearl warehouse to use.
- Check all available stock - options for "Selected Warehouse" or "All on Hand stock".
- Order Status - The Brightpearl Status for new orders created by the Drupal site.
- Bank account nominal code - The Brightpearl Bank account nominal code to use.
- Shipping nominal code - The Brightpearl shipping nominal code to use.
This will configure the order integration. Once enabled, orders will be processed
- Completed order state - The state the Drupal order needs to get to in order to be exported to Brightpearl (default to Pending)
- Order integration state - Active/Suspended
- Integration state - Check the "Enable order integration" and submit. This will add a field to the Commerce Order.
Once the integration has been enabled, newly created orders will be imported into
Brightpearl when they get to the specified state.
Before enabling the Brightpearl stock integration you should enable stock for
all your products so they can get updated by Brightpearl (see commerce stock for
* Update Type:
No updates - Stock updates are disabled
* Real time using a webhook - Recommended settings. Stock will be updated in
close to real time.
Full update on cron run - not recommended if large number of products.
* Batch size:
Number of products to update on each cron run.
* Initialise stock level of all products:
Click this button if you have chosen webhook. This will run a one time
update of all your products using cron. Once updated changes to stock will
occur each time a change is made on Brightpearl.
The uninstall does not remove the field added to the order to prevent data loss.
you can use the Brightpearl Stock screen to remove the field before
- info [at] blue-bag.com
- Telephone: 0843 2894522
- Blue-Bag HQ:
The Garage, Manor Farm
Somerset, BA3 4HP, United Kingdom
- Telephone: (+44) 01761 411542
- Blue-Bag Brighton:
Unit 35 Level 6 North, New England House
New England Street, Brighton
BN1 4GH United Kingdom
- Telephone: (+44) 01273 687900
- VAT GB 748125034
- UK Company Reg: 3932829